Hey guys! I am so so so excited to bring you this post! But, let me give you just a little bit of back story, then I will get into the good stuff.
A few weeks ago, I was in San Francisco with my boyfriend and his family and on the car ride home I came across a wine subscription service on Instagram. I instantly thought the idea was brilliant and wanted in on it! So, I emailed the company and told them about my blog and how much I would love a chance to work with them. A few days later, I had a business call with one of their media directors! I was so nervous but so eager nonetheless. When my wines finally came in, I instantly photographed them and now the story continues right here… where I am sitting in my backyard sipping a glass of my newly un-corked wines. And, if you haven’t guessed already… the awesome company is Winc!
Winc is the new way to buy, discover & share wines! Once you head to their website, you’ll see a place to click that says “Become a Member”. Click it! (go ahead… we know you want to!). You’ll then be redirected to Club W, which is the same company, they are in the process of rebranding. Hit “Get Started” and fill out your palate profile. You’ll be asked a series of easy-to-answer questions that will help Winc find the wines that suit your taste. After that it’s pretty simple, just choose at least three wines you want (choose 4 or more for complimentary shipping) then of course, enter the code POISEDAVENUE for a $20 discount and off to the check out you go!
So you may still be wondering why go this wine route, when you could just head down to the liquor store. Well, I have the answer!
- Winc’s wines are distributed directly from the vineyards. And unlike traditional distribution, Winc’s direct distribution makes their wines cheaper (even sometimes half as cheap) than if they would have gone through the middle-man.
- Winc carries wines that you may not have found at your local liquor store.
- Winc is the world’s first personalized wine club, and caters to your taste. But, if you are feeling adventurous you can shop through their wines, too!
- Winc refunds or replaces the wines you don’t like.
- Winc makes it fun to learn more about wine.
- Each wine on Winc’s website has a corresponding video where you can learn more about the wine before ordering. They also offer details about the wine such as it’s origin and signature scent. They also tell about the wine maker and what types of foods will pair well with the bottle.
- When you get your wines in the mail, expect a detailed card about each wine you chose. Along with a recipe that is perfect for each bottle.
- Winc makes a great gift for the wine lovers in your life!
- Winc is commitment free. Cancel or skip a month at any time.
Finally, let’s talk about the membership. This is a dreaded word by many, myself included. However, with Winc’s low prices, it could be worth it for you! I want to share with you the positives and negatives I’ve found in their membership:
- One definite positive is that you can skip any month y0u’d like. Another positive is that you can place wines in your box before your payment is due and Winc will automatically send those specific bottles to you in your next delivery if it’s still in stock! Or, if you leave your box empty, they will send wines to you recommended on your palate profile.
- One negative is that to cancel your membership you either have to use their live chat feature on their website, or call them directly. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s more annoying than just hitting a “cancel” button.
Have more questions? Maybe you can find an answer here.
Thank you Winc for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.