It’s now March (like what?! Christmas wasn’t last week??). Time is flying by and spring is around the corner. I am going to be sad to say goodbye to my winter wardrobe, but spring fashion is definitely a close runner up and I can’t wait to delve into the trends of this year! My favorite part of spring fashion is that it’s the perfect mix of winter and summer, with a touch of flirty florals and pretty prints and colors. It’s the perfect season to really play with your wardrobe, in my opinion. Plus, blooming flowers make for the prettiest accessories 😉 .
Sweaters are the perfect transition piece! They keep you warm in the cool breeze, but can easily be almost paired with anything more summer-y for the perfect in-between, spring look. On warmer days, pair a sweater with a printed short and sandals. On a cooler day, pair a sweater with raw hem jeans (like mine), flared jeans, or white, light wash, even colored jeans. You could even wear an oversized sweater over a sun dress! The possibilities are endless. Add even more of spring into your outfit through your accessories, like my super fun citrus espadrilles. I mean, how stinkin’ cute?! Embroidery is huge this season. Which reminds me of this embroidered jean jacket that would also be perfect for layering over a lightweight sweater. Check out some of the ways I think sweaters can be styled for spring down below!
Make your Winter Sweaters Work in Spring – Styling Ideas
- Wear a white sweater with white, light washed, or colored denim.
- Wear a fun colored sweater with white denim.
- Wear your favorite sweater with a printed short.
- Pair your favorite sweater with a denim jacket.
- Layer a sweater over a sun dress.
- Pair your favorite sweater with joggers and sneakers.
- Pair your favorite sweater with (printed) linen slacks.
- Pair a sweater with a denim skirt.
- Pair a sweater with a pleated mini skirt.
- Pair a sweater with a trendy cut jean (flares, cropped, raw hem).
- Pair a sweater with floral lace.
- Pair a sweater with black and white (or a fun color) buffalo plaid.
- Pair a sweater with shorts or a mini and ankle booties.
- Style a button down under your favorite sweater.
Shop a Few of my Favorite Sweaters for Spring Below
How do you plan to wear your favorite sweaters this spring?