Spring weather makes for the perfect season to really play with fashion and combine your winter and summer pieces, like sweaters and skirts.
It’s now March (like what?! Christmas wasn’t last week??). Time is flying by and spring is around the corner. I am going to be sad to say goodbye to my winter wardrobe, but spring fashion is definitely a close runner up and I can’t wait to delve into the trends of this year! My favorite part of spring fashion is that it’s the perfect mix of winter and summer, with a touch of flirty florals and pretty prints and colors. It’s the perfect season to really play with your wardrobe, in my opinion. Plus, blooming flowers make for the prettiest accessories 😉 .
Sweaters are the perfect transition piece! They keep you warm in the cool breeze, but can easily be almost paired with anything more summer-y for the perfect in-between, spring look. On warmer days, pair a sweater with a printed short and sandals. On a cooler day, pair a sweater with raw hem jeans (like mine), flared jeans, or white, light wash, even colored jeans. You could even wear an oversized sweater over a sun dress! The possibilities are endless. Add even more of spring into your outfit through your accessories, like my super fun citrus espadrilles. I mean, how stinkin’ cute?! Embroidery is huge this season. Which reminds me of this embroidered jean jacket that would also be perfect for layering over a lightweight sweater. Check out some of the ways I think sweaters can be styled for spring down below!
Make your Winter Sweaters Work in Spring – Styling Ideas
- Wear a white sweater with white, light washed, or colored denim.
- Wear a fun colored sweater with white denim.
- Wear your favorite sweater with a printed short.
- Pair your favorite sweater with a denim jacket.
- Layer a sweater over a sun dress.
- Pair your favorite sweater with joggers and sneakers.
- Pair your favorite sweater with (printed) linen slacks.
- Pair a sweater with a denim skirt.
- Pair a sweater with a pleated mini skirt.
- Pair a sweater with a trendy cut jean (flares, cropped, raw hem).
- Pair a sweater with floral lace.
- Pair a sweater with black and white (or a fun color) buffalo plaid.
- Pair a sweater with shorts or a mini and ankle booties.
- Style a button down under your favorite sweater.
Shop a Few of my Favorite Sweaters for Spring Below
How do you plan to wear your favorite sweaters this spring?