Multivitamins are just a small part of a healthy lifestyle, but they are important none-the-less. And, if you’re like me, you have spent precious minutes pacing the vitamin aisle of your local Target wondering which vitamins you need and will actually do good things for your body. Well, let me introduce you to Ritual. Ritual is a new-ish vitamin brand that was created by Kat Schneider, a woman who was fed up with ingredients she couldn’t pronounce and products that were not made with people’s best interest in mind – especially when it came to women’s vitamins.
Women can sometimes miss out on a lot of key nutrients in her everyday diet. But, do not fret! Ritual is here to fill in the blanks. Many people are iffy of vitamins because they argue that the food is the best source of vitamins and nutrients, and vitamins and nutrients in pill form are just not sufficient nor up to par with the real thing. However, Ritual sources their vitamins and nutrients in their purest bio-available forms. On their website, you can even track where the ingredients come from. The pills are clear, with intentions of not hiding anything that’s inside. You’ll see the oil (Omega-3) and some small white beads (which contain the dry ingredients to keep them from interacting with the oil). Ritual vitamins are also non GMO, vegan, gluten and allergy free, contain no synthetic fillers or colorants, and are made in the USA. Like, what?!
The Vitamins Included in the Multivitamin
- Vitamin K2 (90 mcg): Pure non-soy MK7 form sourced from Oslo, Norway manufactured by Kappa Biosciences. Vitamin K2 promotes healthy skin, bone health, and heart health. It is naturally found in natto, hard cheeses, and egg yolk.
- Vitamin D3 (2000 IU): Lichens form sourced from the United Kingdom manufactured by The GHT Companies. Vitamin D3 promotes healthy bones, immune support, and cognition. It is naturally found in fish, milk, and fortified dairy products.
- Vitamin B12 (8 mcg): Methylcobalamin form sourced from Conneticut, USA manufactured by AnMar International. Vitamin B12 promotes healthy brain function, nerve function, and energy. It is naturally found in red meat, milk, and nori.
- Boron (1 mg): Calcium fructoborate form sourced in Illinois, USA manufactured by Futureceuticals. Boron promotes bone health, joint health, and hormone support. It is naturally found in raisons, prunes, and almonds.
- Iron (8 mg): Ferrous bisglycinate form sourced from Utah, USA manufactured by Albion (Balchem). Iron promotes brain health, energy, and blood building. It is naturally found in beans, peas, and chard.
- Vitamin E (10 IU): Mixed tocopherols form sourced in Argentina manufactured by AOM/ Nutralliance. Vitamin E promotes healthy antioxidant actions, skin, and is anti-aging. It is naturally found in pistachios, walnuts, and flaxseeds.
- Magnesium (50 mg): Sucrosomial® form sourced from Pisa, Italy manufactured by Alesco (Maypro). Magnesium promotes calmness, heart health, and bone support. It is naturally found in lentils, dark chocolate, and green leafy vegetables.
- Folate (600 mg): 5MTHF glucosamine salt form sourced from Pisticci, Italy manufactured by Gnosis. Folate promotes mood, DNA synthesis, and brain health. It is naturally found in lentils, avocado, and oranges.
- Omega-3 (320 mg): Algal oil form sourced in South Carolina, USA manufactured by DSM. Omega-3 promotes healthy immune support, heart health, and brain health. It is naturally found in shellfish, salmon, and tuna.
To read more about the ingredients, click here.
My Experience Using Ritual Vitamins
So, I contacted Ritual asking if I could try their vitamins after being intrigued by all the good information I shared above. They kindly agreed and I was so excited to get started! Let’s just say, they’re my new favorite vitamin… ever. I have taken multivitamins before, but like I mentioned, I struggled finding one I trusted. I love knowing where the ingredients of these vitamins come from and I love feeling that now my diet is complete with the nutrients my body needs. They’re seriously like the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae… your diet is just not complete with out them!
I began by taking only one vitamin a day, even though the bottle clearly states two a day (rebellious, I know). But, after contacting them to ask a few questions, I realized it was best to do as the bottle instructed and take two a day (they’ve really got all of the measurements figured out). I took one in the morning and one at night. These vitamins never gave me indigestion or nausea, even after taking them on an empty stomach in the AM. This is due to their super scientific, proprietary technology that helps the vitamins withstand stomach acid to release the vitamins where they’re best absorbed. It also keeps the vitamins and nutrients inside the pill from being degraded by your stomach acid. Plus, you don’t even need to worry about the pill tasting bad going down because it’s coated in peppermint oil. Each pill is minty when it touches your tongue. When the bottle of vitamins is opened, a beautiful, fresh smell of peppermint consumes the air around you… it’s quit pleasant.
One noticeable difference I experienced from taking these vitamins was in my skin. I do have troubled skin that can break out in texture and some acne every once-in-a-while. But, my skin has been so supple and clear lately! My boyfriend even told me I look like “the after in a Proactiv commercial”. Now, if that doesn’t say something then I don’t know what does! Haha! I truly believe they are a great vitamin for glowing skin. Other than that, I just feel good when I take my vitamins. Who doesn’t?! They make me feel like I am doing something great for my body and my beauty routine.
The Pros & Cons of Ritual Vitamins
- Natural ingredients
- Small in size
- Created for women
- Subscription service (?)
- Visible results in skin
- No fishy taste (actually a pleasant peppermint taste)
- A bit pricey
- Subscription service (?)
Still have questions about Ritual? Click here to read through some FAQs about the brand and who they are. Let me know if you try these awesome vitamins out in the comments below! Talk to you next time.