Okay, so if you’re anything like me and are a scatter brain you definitely understand the need for a planner! I need to write things down or I’ll forget what I needed even just ten minutes later. There are so many times that something will pop into my head late at night and I will literally hop out of bed to write it down in my planner. I wanted to share this specific planner with you by Passion Planner because it’s amazing! The company was founded by a grad student, so you know it will cater to the needs of students (read more about their story here) and their planners come in multiple colors and sizes. I chose the black 8.5″ x 11″ because I know my handwriting can get messy and I don’t like cramming it into tiny spaces… but they also carry one that is 5.5″ x 8.5″ and would be perfect to throw into your purse.
My planner is undated, which means you can fill in the dates as you go. I think that is one of my favorite features of the planner, because so many times I have bought a planner and only used it for school and wasted half of the book. But, with it being undated, it doesn’t matter if I stop using it regularly because I can just pick up right where I left off without skipping any pages. However, if you’d rather have a dated planner they make those, too! I also really love how this planner’s aim is to keep you motivated to continue working towards your goal(s). It has monthly check-in questions to reflect on, and each week has inspirational quotes and spaces for you to fill in about all of the good things that happened that week. I really just love this planner and the look of it and how it is put together. It is so easy to use and then look back on. For more info and for a look into the planner, check out my video below!
How I use my Passion Planner & Tips for Efficient Planning
- Color code! I color code using Yoobi highlighters and multicolored pen. It makes it so easy to find what you’re looking for and get an idea of what is planned in just a glance.
- Plan every Sunday night. My planner is a Monday start, so every Sunday night I try to plan out my week. I fill out each day with things I know I will be doing… that way if during the week something comes up, just peek into your planner and you’ll easily know when you’re busy and when you’re free.
- Use your phone’s calendar as a backup. I always do this, especially for work. Because I nanny, I use both my planner and phone to remind me of when I have gigs coming up. I love that my phone will remind me days before, even if I forget to check my planner.
- Keep things neat! Whatever you need to keep your planner neat, use it! I am a simple gal and don’t need all of the decorations a lot of people love to use in their planner but if that’s something that keeps you motivated- go for it! I like it clean and simple, and easy to navigate.
- Use sticky notes to block out sections of time, instead of writing it in ink. This gives you the option to easily change the day or time of an event- simply peel up the sticky note and put it in it’s new place!
- Use the blank space in your planner to create maps of your ideas. It really helps to see your ideas on paper, planned out. That is how I plan a lot of my blog posts.
- Take advantage of Passion Planner’s free print outs. They even have a finance sheet to keep track of how you spend your money! I have print outs from both Passion Planner and The Blog Society taped to the back pages of my planner.
- Use post-it notes to create tabs to easily navigate your planner. I have one on the month we’re currently in.
- Create a pocket by folding paper, or tape in an envelope to the empty spaces in your planner. Keep photos, notes, etc. inside for easy access.
- Decide on when you have some free time and actually write down “you time” in your planner. Seeing it planned can help you relax because you know you have nothing else to think about during that time.
Let me know if you have the Passion Planner and why you love it in the comments 🙂