I whipped these homemade jalapeño poppers up last Super Bowl Sunday and they were a huge hit so I decided to make them again this Super Bowl Sunday… and boy-oh-boy were they just as good as I had remembered! This is why I love Pinterest.
I can’t take credit for this recipe, but I did change it up a bit by leaving some with out bacon and breading some as well (for those who do not eat meat).
The best part of these is the creamy cheesy center and bacon…duh. Is your mouth watering yet?
I do not doubt that you will be your guest’s favorite if you have these ready for them. Make these for anyone and you will have a new best friend! Just look at that bubbly cheese and crispy bacon YUM.
- 12 fresh jalapeños
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 12 sliced of bacon (or turkey bacon), cut in half
- 24 tooth picks
- preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove seeds and center membrane.
- Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and paprika together. Add salt to taste. Spoon filling equally into all jalapeño halves.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with bacon (or turkey bacon) and stick a toothpick through the entire thing, ensuring the bacon doesn’t come un-wrapped.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 25-28 min, or until bacon is crisp and to your liking.
- Jalapeños may also be broiled during the last minute to get things extra gooey and crispy!
Tip: These can be made one day in advanced. Just refrigerate until ready to bake.
Let me know if you plan on making these!